Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/19/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
SCEA is currently looking for a highly-talented Submissions engineer to act as an industry expert. This individual should be a proven team leader, possess expert knowledge of the current submissions process and TRC requirements on Playstation® platforms, and be able to use that knowledge to collaborate with and support industry-leading developers. If you are driven to do hands-on research on cutting-edge hardware, are well-versed in all aspects of title submission/finalization and are looking to use your knowledge to drive the industry and make an impact on multiple game titles, then we want to talk to you.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Knowledge of the submissions processes and TRC requirements for all the Playstation® platform
- Shipped at least 1 Playstation® title (PS3, PS2, PSP) and have been involved with all the processes required to finalize the game
- Experience interfacing with SCEA QA groups and/or SCE Developer Support Group
- Experience using DevNet
- Understanding of Playstation® NP and NP commerce
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable speaking/presenting to a large audience (200 - 400 people)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science from an accredited university or equivalent
- Network programming experience on a current generation platform
- Understanding of the file I/O, HDD, and peripherals
- Experience with general performance analysis and current optimization techniques
- Solid understanding of multithreading and multi-core processors
- Expert experience programming in C/C++
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3(TM)), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation® first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|