Systems Software Engineer - Gaming
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/22/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
SCEA is currently looking for a highly talented Lead Systems Engineer that will act as an industry expert and a leader in systems level development on PlayStation® platforms. This individual should be able to lead a team of engineers to handle various low-level systems issues, foster and strengthen relationships with various internal groups to leverage existing technologies, and collaborate with industry-leading developers. Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, evaluating and improving team support process efficiencies, creating innovative projects, design cutting edge algorithms, and produce top notch technical materials. If you are driven to do hands-on low-level research on cutting-edge hardware, are well-versed in engine design and architecture and are looking to use your knowledge to drive the industry and make an impact on multiple game titles, then we want to talk to you.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- At least 5 years programming experience on low-level engine development
- Have lead and managed an engine team that produced technology have been used to shipped at least 1 title on current platforms
- Hands on experience developing a low-level platform specific layer of an engine
- Experience using CPU profiling tools to measure game performance, identify bottlenecks and resolve them
- Experience of various game engine optimization algorithms/techniques
- Experience implementing real-time algorithms and techniques using hardware features to perform parallel computation
- Excellent understanding of the inner workings of current compilers and linkers
- Excellent understanding of current generation CPU architectures and multi-core processors
- Experience on GPGPU programming
- Experience working in a support environment
- Experience in tool development (asset pipeline, exporters, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to all levels of engineering
- Actively participates in the open source community
- Keeps current on the latest technology trends such as; multithreading, multi-core programming techniques, tool chains (compilers, linkers, etc), open source software, and all other aspects of software development technology and methodologies.
Experience with the following a plus:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working on a development toolchain such as a compiler and/or linker
- Experience working at the kernel level of an OS
- Experience working with C# and Windows Presentation Framework
- Experience with DirectX11 and compute shaders
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|