Sr. Network Systems Engineer
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Diego CA 92101 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/25/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
SCEA is looking for a Senior Network Systems Engineer to join their R&D Organization. Overall, the position of Network Engineer is expected to partner with the organization to:
- Install, maintain, and support network routers, switches, and other communications devices used by Sony, including LAN, WAN, Firewall, VPN and Internet infrastructure for the use of development staff and online services.
- Assist with the planning and design of new network topologies and the deployment of new equipment to create highly reliable 24x7 production networks for Internet, LAN, WAN, and QA verifications purposes.
- Monitor network performance and conduct in-depth network performance testing. o Working closely with the Security group to protect all equipment, proactively monitor network security.
- Provide technical support to SCEA departments and groups in other Sony organizations on a wide range of issues concerning networking, the development of applications utilizing those networks, and large-scope IT related projects.
- Assist in being primary/secondary point of contact for a multi-homed AS with multiple ISP and telecommunications vendors.
- Assist in the design and implementation of cable installations and site wiring/planning for internal/external expansion projects.
- Advise and recommend the purchase of new network equipment whenever appropriate while adhering to smart product comparisons for thoroughness.
- Travel occasionally as needed to support remote offices and server collocation facilities.
- Advise and recommend the purchase of new network equipment whenever appropriate.
- Create on going documentation as it relates to network diagrams and infrastructure topology.
- Collaborate with Sony groups utilizing shared hosting infrastructure whenever appropriate to ensure adequate network resources and proper information transfer within the IT group as a whole.
- Provide 24x7 on call response to ensure fast response to network issues/outages on a rotating basis.
- Provide network-engineering support for multiple industry trade shows.
- Research emerging technologies with an eye on how they will affect our core business.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least four years of direct work experience
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Diego, CA, 92101, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|