Software Engineer, R&D
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/24/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
Sony Computer Entertainment is looking for a Software Engineer to join their Network Services and Apps within the R&D Organization. The Software Engineer will work to develop rich media, broadcast video and internet video applications for the PlayStation® family of platforms. The candidate is an individual contributor responsible for the design and development of these applications in a small, agile team environment. The candidate will also contribute to related software development toolkits and provide support for customers using those toolkits. This individual will also help in creating and maintaining design documents, participating in requirement reviews, and working with other teams in the SQA and deployment process.
The candidate should be a strong communicator and be capable of moving forward technical issues to resolution in a fast paced, startup-like environment. The candidate must be self-driven and able to establish processes and best practices from scratch.
o Software specification and design based on high level business and project requirements.
o Development of rich media PlayStation applications. Development of sample applications as part of a software development kit.
o Creation and running of unit tests for those applications. Working with department and other SCE SQA teams during the product lifecycle.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Able to interact well with fellow operations team and engineering team members. Capable of clearly communicating and negotiating technical issues individually and in a group setting.
- Experience in participating in an agile to light weight development process in a start-up like environment. Process activities include daily stand-up discussions, iterative, ongoing development work with goal oriented deliveries. Must be pro-active to establish best practices for software development if none already exist.
- You should have excellent software development skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively in a timely and professional manner with a variety of internal and external personnel in multiple.
- Candidate must be pro-active in documenting work.
- Experience in developing network and media related software. Understanding and having experience with software product delivery is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Be able to communicate clearly technical ideas and issues
- Experience in participating in a formal to light weight development process (requirements, design, implementation, risk and issues tracking, bug triages, testing, release)
- mobile or game software user interface development
- graphics programming with 2D or 3D APIs, including OpenGL and WebGL
- audio and video protocols and playback experience
- networking and streaming technologies including HTTP, RTP/RTSP, and DLNA
- o Experience with media processing
o Experience with PLAYSTATION®3 development
o Experience working in consumer electronics or the game industry
o A general understanding of online services would be helpful
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3(TM)), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation® first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is the policy of Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. (SCEA) to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|