Sr Director, Brand Marketing - Home Consoles
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/16/2013
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation® family of products, including the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation®Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the o
Overall, the position of Senior Director Brand Marketing, Console is expected to partner with the organization to:
Oversee PlayStation hardware brand marketing in all areas to include:
- Oversee PlayStation console marketing, inclusive of brand marketing, product planning, platform software innovation, peripheral products, and all hardware iterations to meet corporate unit/revenue and ROI targets.
- Work with Hardware Engineering, Strategic Business Development, SCEI Product Planning, Operations, SCEA Product Planning team, Digital Strategy, Consumer Insights, and Consumer Response teams to recommend, forecast and market all existing PlayStation hardware products.
- Oversee the creation of strategic positioning, pricing recommendations, business and marketing plans, product recommendations and tactical brand creative.
- Direct the Console Brand Marketing group's interaction with advertising agency in strategic planning, creative execution and media planning.
- Oversee the Console Brand Marketing group's aggregate budget to ensure that marketing effectiveness meets fiscal discipline.
- Drive new methods of strategic and tactical thinking.
- Utilize prior knowledge of consumer brand marketing to inform creative process and create initiatives that truly impact brand equity and revenue/profit goals.
- Provide strategic and creative oversight on all collateral material.
- Analyze market research data to identify and define consumer needs, price points, product positioning, as well as observe competitive activity and devise counter-strategies.
- Work closely with Sales Analysis to determine forecasted platform trends and needs.
- Assess potential strategic alliances to expand products sales and lifecycle.
- Direct long-term forecast models for lifecycle management and product viability, including consumer lifetime valuation analysis.
- Oversee WWS and 3P publishers/developers on software feature integration and overall portfolio planning for both current and next gen software, inclusive of new business modeling and diverse software experiences.
- Must creatively engage in new business models, designed for short and long-term platform success.
- Oversee communication and product planning efforts with SCEI Product Planning team.
- Manage short-term and long-term product roadmap, as well as financial analysis for all console and peripheral SKUs, inclusive of product pricing recommendations, P&L analysis, COGS, and cost downs.
- Must understand consumer demands and react accordingly. Must be able to utilize research and other inputs to make firm business decisions.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- At least 12 years of marketing diverse consumer brands, with tech industry and gaming knowledge/experience a plus.
- At least 5 years experience supervising direct reports, which would potentially require the hiring.
- Experience managing sub-ordinates daily work and provide performance evaluations and career planning for employees.
- Master's degree preferred
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|