Petroglyph Games | Las Vegas NV 89128 USA | Full Time | Posted: 09/28/2012
We are currently working on the award winning and groundbreaking End of Nations MMORTS. End of Nations brings real-time strategy (RTS) and massively multiplayer online (MMO) games together for a gaming experience that is a revolutionary leap forward. We are also staffing up for another new unannounced project!
We are located in the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas, NV which offers a low cost of living and there is no state income tax. Warm, sunny days abound year round for hiking, boating and plenty of outdoor activities.
Become a part of Petroglyph and join in on all the fun!
The Tools Engineer in this role will work closely with the lead programmer, designers, artists, and musicians with a great deal of autonomy to develop new tools and improve existing ones.
• Design, implement, debug and document new content creation tools
• Maintain and enhance current build system
• Document and follow build and integration procedures
• Design, implement, debug and document new game systems and tools in C++ and C#
• Follow coding standards and best practices
• Create high quality tools and be customer focused
• Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and work within those constraints
• Work cohesively with a team of programmers, artists and designers
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• 3 or more years of C# and C/C++ experience required
• Ability to work independently and to be self-directing.
• Able to work occasional long hours.
• Experience with Python and Java preferred
• Experience with SQL and relational databases required
• Experience in Multithreading, graphics, AI, UI, networking, controls, etc. are a plus.
• Lua and/or Python Experience a plus.
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, 89128, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Windows|
|Contact Name||Cristy Huender|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|