IT / Network Administrator
Petroglyph Games | Las Vegas NV 89128 USA | Full Time | Posted: 09/19/2012
We are currently working on the award winning and groundbreaking End of Nations MMORTS. End of Nations brings real-time strategy (RTS) and massively multiplayer online (MMO) games together for a gaming experience that is a revolutionary leap forward. We are also staffing up for another new unannounced project!
We are located in the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas, NV which offers a low cost of living and there is no state income tax. Warm, sunny days abound year round for hiking, boating and plenty of outdoor activities.
Become a part of Petroglyph and join in on all the fun!
The IT/ Network Administrator is responsible for all aspects of network administration including servers, desktop systems, security, communications hardware/software and office equipment.
• Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
• Active Directory Administration, proven expertise in Group Policy Objects, System security, Business continuity and redundancy.
• Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications with an emphasis on network and internet security.
• Performs technology needs analysis and technology planning through ongoing research.
• Negotiate hardware/software service and technical support contracts with vendors.
• Oversees and is responsible for the security of the network by implementing and enforcing policies. These policies protect data and users from malicious intent as well as accidental data loss.
• Implements a schedule of maintenance to ensure the entire network is working properly and identifies and fixes problems before or when they occur through preventive maintenance.
• Responsible for researching, purchasing, and building all computer hardware, software, and tools necessary to meet the needs of the company.
• On call for network issues or troubleshooting that prevents employees from being productive. This can occur more infrequently as projects near completion and staff is here on weekends and late at night.
• Responsible for inventory management of hardware and software licenses.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• Proven Active Directory Administrator.
• Demonstrated knowledge of secure, remote networking technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to administer, troubleshoot and maintain a network including firewalls, switches, VPN, and other networking equipment.
• Working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
• Highly developed verbal and written communications.
• Diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Administration; supplemented with one or more courses in current technology.
• Five years current experience as an Administrator on a medium sized network of servers, desktop systems and communications devices using current technologies.
• Must be customer service oriented.
• Previous game industry experience preferred.
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, 89128, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Windows|
|Contact Name||Cristy Huender|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||IT /|