Retro Studios | Austin, TX TX 78753 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/26/2012
Retro Studios is Headquartered in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills to the north, rivers threading through town, abundant wildlife, a diverse music scene, and a laid-back cosmopolitan nature, Austin is a dynamic and truly wonderful place to live. The weather's great (if a little on the warm side), and plenty of outdoor activities await. There's something for everyone in Austin, especially if you're a connoisseur of all things barbecue.
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Description of Duties:
• Individual contributor that develops, writes and debugs code for video game software and tools with a specific focus on AI programming for enemies & bosses and various other game-play systems as required.
• Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements code.
• Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
• Writes documentation for other programmers' use.
• Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions.
Summary of Requirements:
• Prior experience working on AI and/or game-play systems for video games preferred.
• 1-5 year's experience preferred.
• Effective organization, analytical and problem solving skills; understanding of 3D techniques and algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video game software; background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies; professional experience in programming C/C++ and C#.
• Strong math and physics skills required.
• Makes decisions regarding the system architectural design, the data structure and algorithm development, and implementation platform selection.
• Effective written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills to identify and provide technical solutions.
• Fast-paced environment with fluctuating production requirements; may be necessary to change specific duties, projects, schedule or direction on short notice; overtime, weekend and holiday work may be required.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience video game programming.
** Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Nintendo's website as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed resumes.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Austin, TX, TX, 78753, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Teia Bartz|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|