Senior Producer, Digital Apps
Lucasfilm | San Francisco CA 94129-0909 USA | Full Time | Posted: 06/05/2012
The Producer, Digital Apps, in Casual Games is responsible for the planning and production of interactive content for the Lucas Casual Games group. The role will be ultimately accountable for all project plans, budgets and schedules, and for the coordination of resources to achieve the most cost effective results. The Producer serves as the primary liaison and point of contact for all stakeholders and development teams.
• Provide production management oversight for Digital Apps across all media types (e.g. web, mobile and/or tablet).
• Serve as primary US liaison and advocate for External Development Teams.
• Identify, review and recommend third-party partners (agencies and developers) for application development.
• Oversee initial production of approved application concepts through internal or external development teams.
• Manage partner relationships; oversee development progress, timelines, budgets.
• Keep all relevant stakeholders informed and involved in approval and review process as needed.
• Ensure quality of creative execution, and that all key brand objectives are effectively met.
• Support the Casual Games - Biz Dev Lead in assessing production models, timelines, costs, risks, and opportunities.
• Responsible for defining, developing and ensuring the operating budget for the department.
• Creates, organizes and maintains overall project schedule; initiates cost controls for each project.
• Serve as a representative of the Casual Games group with key stakeholders, executives and other company leaders, and manages expectations around deliverables and timing.
• Maintain and contribute to Apps & Publishing group content calendar.
• Partner closely with Publishing, Licensing, and Marketing groups to develop content.
Education / Experience:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience related to online/digital project management or business development.
• 8 to 10 years of related experience in the online media/digital content industry with 4 to 6 years of management and/or producer experience.
• Proven success managing people, resources, and schedules in a multi-client environment.
• Proven success delegating, managing and mentoring staff.
Required Skills / Competencies:
• Excellent organizational communication and management skills.
• Knowledge of online production processes and project management methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Capable of managing expectations and building confidence.
• Ability to lead, motivate and challenge a talented operations team and inspire confidence and respect.
• Excellent client relationship management skills; flexible, and adept at working in larger matrixed organizations.
• Self-directed, particularly detail oriented problem solver with big picture orientation.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, and work within strict deadlines.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
• Experience and/or training and certification in formal project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, etc).
• Creative enthusiasm and passion for the online medium and digital media.
• Appreciation, understanding and respect for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises, and their audiences.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94129-0909, United States|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|