Insomniac Games | Burbank CA 91504 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/05/2013
So if you look up “fx” - a TV channel pops up, along with a movie, a series, comics, a song, and a band. Clearly these are pretty important initials. We, at Insomniac Games are looking for a mid or senior level artist- to create FX’s - to work and assist in gameplay, environment, and cinematics of the game. This is really the frosting on the cake! The final touches that really make a game look awesome! Read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
• Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
• Paint particle and decal textures
• Create simulations for gameplay elements
• Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
• Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
• Create simple geometry and assign UV’s.
• Orchestrates complex FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
• Experiment with and/or evaluate techniques and/or art programs to improve efficiency, workflow, or visuals in game.
• Prototype effect concepts for gameplay and engine
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient in Maya
• Competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations, hard surface modeling, and UV mapping.
• Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures.
• Proficient with node-based shader networks.
• Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
Other Skills that are key as well: Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials. Ability to work independently. Proficient Animation and timing skills. Solid traditional arts background a plus.
If this sounds like the gig for you- then we want to hear from you! Please use the link below and apply directly to the position! Thanks!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91504, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||FX Ar|