Game Developer / Game Designer
Bally Technologies - The Core Team | Las Vegas NV 89119 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/28/2013
Are you burned out on the long hours and empty promises of the video game industry? Fed up with being let go after giving a company 110%? Well then, LISTEN UP! We need top talent to help us develop and execute our award-winning innovative titles, and you just might be the one we’re looking for. Interested? We want to talk to you!
With a history of game development dating back to 1932 with classic games like Ballyhoo and Betty Boop, great games are ingrained into the Bally culture. Bally has stayed on top of the gaming industry by keeping current with the latest technologies and through strategic corporate flexibility allowing for continual growth and creative development. With offices around the world and positions available in a multitude of disciplines, Bally Technologies offers our team members unparalleled long-term stability, outstanding benefits, and the job challenge and creative endeavor you have been searching for.
What You’ll Do
The Mathematician will work closely with a team of game developers to design and create the mathematical models for our innovative games. You will assist in the design process to create innovative new game models that maximize player appeal and game performance. Developing math model calculations such as payback percentages, hit frequencies and standard deviations while utilizing existing programming tools to verify the math models to create playable prototypes and demos of games to analyze and test is a key aspect of this role. Your other responsibilities will include preparing math documentation, conducting peer reviews, and working with regulatory agencies to solve math related issues.
Experience We Are Seeking
• We are currently seeking all levels of Mathematicians and have multiple positions open.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics or Computer Science with an emphasis in probability and statistics, or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in mathematics, especially probability and statistics
• Proficiency in Excel, especially in the use of linking and formulas to dynamically calculate probabilities and describe complicated probabilistic events
• Basic programming skills in C++, with an emphasis in probabilistic algorithms; must be able to read, edit and adapt existing C++ code
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), especially the ability to communicate complicated mathematical concepts to people without a background in mathematics
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Strong creativity and imagination
• A passion for games, especially casino games and slot machines.
• Casino gaming development experience
• Basic programming skills in C#
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, 89119, United States|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|