Software Engineer C# and/or C++
Bally Technologies - The Core Team | Las Vegas NV 89119 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/22/2013
Are you burned out on the long hours and empty promises of the video game industry? Fed up with being let go after giving a company 110%? Well then, LISTEN UP! We need top talent to help us develop and execute our award-winning innovative titles, and you just might be the one we’re looking for. Interested? We want to talk to you!
With a history of game development dating back to 1932 with classic games like Ballyhoo and Pac-Man, great games are ingrained into the Bally culture. Bally has stayed on top of the gaming industry by keeping current with the latest technologies and through strategic corporate flexibility allowing for continual growth and creative development. With offices around the world and positions available in a multitude of disciplines, Bally Technologies offers our team members unparalleled long-term stability, outstanding benefits, and the job challenge and creative endeavor you have been searching for.
What You’ll Do
The Software Engineer is a critical role in the development of our software systems, framework, and our proprietary game engine. You will work closely with game developers to develop and improve functionality and improvement to our existing frame work. Your primary duty will include the creating new libraries to directly support new functionality in games. You will work closely with other engineers in other areas such as software architecture, coding standards, and systems to integrate functionality across a wide variety of platforms and systems as well as test and debug software. Your other duties may include examining and refining development and pipeline procedures to improve workflow as well as research into new technologies, systems, and tools to integrate into new or existing workflow pipelines.
Experience We Are Seeking
• We are currently seeking all levels of Software Engineers and have multiple positions open.
• BSCS, BSCE or related field.
• Proficiency in C# and/or C++
• Knowledge of Linux or Unix based operating systems
• Experience with microprocessor based real time embedded systems, video graphics, serial communication protocols and gaming
• Team oriented attitude
• Strong knowledge of tools for software development and testing
• Advanced debugging skills
• Strong math skills
• A passion for games, especially casino games and slot machines.
• Casino gaming development experience
• Experience with developing software within a video game environment
• Unity development experience
• 3D graphics programming
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, 89119, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|