Havok Software Consultant- 3D math/graphics (Orlando based)
Havok | Orlando FL 32826 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/11/2013
Havok engineering has been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade. We work cross platform, mainly on AAA titles, with top clients such as EA, Sony, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bungie, Guerrilla, and DICE. We have a unique environment made up of talented, small, stable teams. We provide each of our engineers with an opportunity to make a real impact on our environment, our business and the direction of our industry standard products.
We have a supportive environment where you will have career, travel and research opportunities. We operate in high spec, relaxed offices in some of the most exciting cities around the world. Our salaries are competitive and we provide excellent benefit and relocation packages.
We hire people based on their talent and potential to contribute so if you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you.
Havok engineering has been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade, and over the past five years we have made significant progress broadening our portfolio to include many key players in the Military and Simulation markets. We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer with a background in C++ and 3d development, to join our Military & Simulation team based on Orlando, Florida. The role will involve Professional Services consulting and development work, onsite with our simulation customers.
We work closely with some of the largest and well known integrators in the world such as Lockheed Martin, SAIC, Boeing, Camber, KMW, Rheinmetal Defence. We have a supportive environment where you will have career growth, travel and research opportunities.
• Work with customers to manage and deliver assigned professional service engagements from specification through to final delivery
• Scope out key requirements with customers via technical capability and industry knowledge
• Implement and deliver software solutions while managing customer expectations
• Help and guide customers on the best use of Havok engine technology
• Become recognized as an expert on Havok and other technologies within the industry
• Be flexible and willing to travel to customer sites for extended periods of time
• Build an understanding of how Havok products can be best leveraged in military and simulation environments, providing reasoned feedback to Havok Product Management and Development on both customer usage of Havok products and general industry trends
• Ensure satisfaction at the end of any engagement, Project professionalism, confidence and an ability to deliver in all interactions with customers
• Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in C/C++ development (5-10 years preferred)
• Strong knowledge and experience in 3D Mathematics and 3D modelling tools
• 3-5 years’ experience working in the Training and Simulation Industry
• Experience working in the game industry highly desirable (2-3 years preferred)
• Excellent communication skills with fluent English
• Ability to quickly integrate socially into a team and gain the trust of new associates
• Experience working with customers to understand their technical requirements
• Ability to advise customers’ the on best way to use/integrate Havok technology
• Willingness to travel (1 week in 4 around North America)
To apply, please visit www.havok.com/careers or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Orlando, FL, 32826, United States|
|Annual Salary||70,000.00 - 120,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager, Programmer / Engineer, Serious Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Contact Name||James Byrne|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||00353 472 4300|