Cryptic Studios is hiring Programmers! (All levels welcome)
Cryptic Studios | Los Gatos CA 95032 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/12/2013
After developing both City of Heroes and City of Villains, Cryptic was purchased by Atari and created Champions Online and Star Trek Online. Cryptic was acquired by Perfect World in August 2011 and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World. In addition to supporting Champions Online and Star Trek Online with new updates and content, Cryptic is now developing Neverwinter and other unannounced projects. The company continues to rapidly diversify its portfolio of games with the aim of reaching beyond the traditional MMORPG genre.
Cryptic Studios' development process is centered on efficiently structured teams working together in a collaborative atmosphere to develop high quality games. The goal is to deliver unparalleled gaming experiences that appeal to a wide range of audiences and to iterate based on early prototyping and vertical slices.
Cryptic utilizes a proprietary engine that contains all the tools needed to efficiently build and operate massive online games. Developed in house, the engine continues to be upgraded and adjusted by its original creators to improve the engine's versatility and functionality. In addition, efficient content generation tools have been incorporated to streamline the development process, allowing real-time testing of art assets within the game environment.
Cryptic's belief in balancing valuable family time with work provides a positive environment, promoting team work, creativity and the exchange of ideas and opinions.
We are currently looking for full-time Programmers. We are seeking sharp, motivated software engineers to join our team and work on Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) games.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games.
Every day you could be:
• Collaborating with other talented software engineers, artists, and design teams.
• Developing the engine that drives our games, including AI, graphics, physics, animation, and audio.
• Putting the “massive” in MMO by working on databases, networking, transactions, chat, and other systems that scale to handle tens of thousands of users.
• Fashioning user interfaces, tuning controls, and designing unique game play systems that give each game its own feel.
• Creating the development tools to handle the ever-changing demands of producing online games.
MMO development is challenging and rewarding because of the range of skills required to deliver a quality experience to the players. While game play is certainly a big piece of what we do, talented programmers need not have game industry experience to find a home at Cryptic.
What we need to see:
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging
• A passion for delivering great work
What we’d like to see:
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with games
• 4-year degree is recommended
Multiple positions available!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Los Gatos, CA, 95032, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games, Social / Online Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||John Ptucha|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|