Senior Software Developer
Mind Candy | London SE EC2A 4DN GBR | Full Time | Posted: 02/26/2013
What we offer
At Mind Candy, we want to change the world of children's entertainment. Starting with Moshi Monsters, the phenomenal online space for more than 65 million children worldwide to play games, socialize and buy the latest Moshi kit, we won't stop here! Join the fast-growing entertainment start-up that includes the number one children's magazine and toy brand in the U.K., and help us revolutionize children's entertainment. We’re busy disrupting the world of music, mobile, video, toys, film, cartoons, books and much more.
What we are looking for
We're recruiting the brightest, most creative and playful game developers to make groundbreaking digital entertainment for kids. Our hero brand is Moshi Monsters, and we’ve got exciting new projects that need the best creative minds to spark them to life.
Senior Software Developer
Mind Candy is seeking exceptional Software Developers to join its creative and technically gifted engineering team based in London. The team is responsible for designing and developing the highly scalable platform that hosts the backend logic of all our games, enjoyed by millions of people worldwide. This is a rare opportunity to join a high-performance entrepreneurial team in one of the fastest growing online games in the world
- Work with our development teams to design server features required to support new game functionality and releases.
- Deliver on new software releases of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing based on evolving requirements and on a timely basis.
- Maintain documentation to support the operations team when the code is in production.
- Collaborate with the development teams to identify and develop server features that support and enhance new and existing games.
- Mentoring more junior members of the tech team
- Providing guidance on business orientated scalability, performance, security, re-usability and extensibility
- Coordinating and carrying out code, design and architecture reviews
- Designing and developing game platform services and software
- Being an active participant in the whole development life cycle, including sprint planning, sprint retrospectives and daily Scrum meetings
- Identifying and upholding engineering best practices
- Adherence to specifications/user stories/patterns laid out for development
- Producing work in a timely fashion, with a focus on scoping tasks relative to business priorities
- Demonstrated expert-level proficiency in Java, Scala or NodeJS
- Solid object-oriented design, functional programming, and debugging skills.
- Track record for developing innovative approaches to solve challenges associated with designing robust highly scalable systems.
- Proficient in leveraging development tools - source code management, IDEs, and debuggers.
- Solid track record of producing high-quality client-server applications through the full product lifecycle.
- Committed to and maintaining a high level of test coverage through the employment of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of mentoring more junior colleagues
- Highly motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues.
- A passion for technology, undertaking your own personal projects and learning new languages & techniques in your spare time
- Share our Mind Candy values
On top of working with some of the most talented staff in the world, you'll also be receive a competitive base salary, stock options, bonus scheme, corporate rate gym membership, free breakfast and snacks throughout the day and a whole host of other benefits that make us one of the most attractive studios to work for in the world.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||London, SE, United Kingdom|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||020 3617 4273|