Carbine Studios | Aliso Viejo CA 92656 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/18/2013
Experience is important, and we've got loads of it here in the studio. We're pretty proud to have some of the most talented and creative veterans in gaming on our team. But we're also seeking people that can articulate their opinions on what it takes to create the next great MMO, regardless of your experience.
We're located in Aliso Viejo, California. It's warm here most all the time, and we're located an hour from L.A. and 90 minutes from San Diego. From wine tasting to Disney (or wine tasting at Disney), there's something for just about everyone in these parts. Our office is 10 minutes away from sandy beaches, walking distance to any chain store you can name, and with a collection of great restaurants where you'll often find Carbine staffers sharing lunch during the week.
We've got free snacks and sodas, and we encourage our staff to spend time getting to know each other over video and board games. There are weekly social gatherings, holiday parties, game days, baseball games, dodge ball teams, paint ball outings, classic role-play gaming groups for beginners and experts, and so much more. Play hard, work hard, you know the deal.
Carbine Studios, a software development company focused on making high-quality, cutting-edge, and conceptually innovative Massively Multiplayer Games, is seeking a talented Network Programmer to work on an upcoming PC MMO, WildStar. This individual will be primarily responsible for designing, building, testing and documenting major network systems and will need to communicate effectively with designers. Problem solving skills and independent thinking are the hallmark of the ideal candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years programming experience using C++, preferably using MS VC++
- Familiarity with client/server programming
- Familiarity with the Standard Template Library
- Familiarity with SQL and database systems
- Desire/ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates
- Minimum 1 shipped title or equivalent experience
- Previous MMO development experience or avid MMO gaming experience desirable
- Previous network programming experience desirable
A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes Carbine Studios a great place to work.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Lisa Schoner|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|