Principal Game Development Engineer - Back End (Location: Menlo Park, CA)
Mind Pirate | Menlo Park CA 94025 USA | Full Time, Contract | Posted: 02/13/2013
unique capabilities of modern mobile devices and transforms the player's ability to perceive
and interact with their physical environment. In its first three weeks in the market in January 2013,
our premiere game was installed more than 2 million times and rose quickly to the top of
the charts as the #1 Free iPhone or iPad game in 45 countries around the world (and with an
average user review of 4.5+ stars).
Specifically, the Principal Engineer will be responsible for the technical design and
implementation of the scalable network, persistence, and game logic layers for all of
Mind Pirate’s mobile games and platform.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
large, (near) realtime multiplayer game or social networking infrastructure over unreliable
cellular data networks. Ideally, the candidate will also have experience developing games on
mobile clients (iOS and Android).
Required Experience and Education
● Demonstrable experience in architecting and implementing complex serverside software
systems for games, from the network to game logic layers, that support end user
performance within tight QoS parameters.
● Professional experience creating large scale, high performance and fault tolerant
● BS or higher in computer science or related field from a well established university.
Core Required Technical Skills
● Prior implementation of UDP, TCP/IP, and HTTPbased solutions for network
communications in near realtime games.
● SQL (e.g. MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, etc.) expertise.
● Cloud provider evaluation and deployment expertise (e.g. AWS, etc.).
● Java, Python, Ruby on Rails, Scala or any equivalent midtier expertise.
● Strong demonstrable software architecture expertise.
● Strong demonstrable client/server programming expertise for mobile devices.
Ideal Additional Technical Skills● Experience with location based services environments.
● Experience dealing with large scale map data and map APIs.
● Experience designing and implementing reliable system daemons.
● C++, ObjectiveC
Required Soft Skills
● Track record of working in environments with incompletely defined or evolving
● Ability to contribute to creative direction of product which would involve iterating with
game designers and product managers
● Must be able to create accurate work estimates and forecasts
|Location||Menlo Park, CA, 94025, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Programmer / Engineer, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|