Red Storm Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio | Cary NC 27513 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/27/2013
Founded in 1996, North Carolina-based Red Storm Entertainment is Ubisoft’s US development studio. With the release of the legendary Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® in 1998, Red Storm pioneered the squad-based shooter genre by delivering groundbreaking gameplay, stunning realism, and the iconic power of “one shot, one kill”. It was the first true tactical FPS, a game that rewarded patience and planning as well as good aim and a keen eye. Its ground-breaking multiplayer action, included a revolutionary form of cooperative gameplay and set the standard for tactical multiplayer.
In 2000 the studio was purchased by UbiSoft. At the time of the sale, Red Storm was already hard at work on what would be the studio’s next genre-defining hit, a game that would take the tactical gameplay of Rainbow Six and turn it loose on the wide-open battlefields of the near future: Ghost Recon. Upon Ghost Recon's large success, Ghost Recon 2®, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® series, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier® were developed and released.
Red Storm remains a vital, creative force with Ubisoft. Today the studio’s talented team is developing exciting new content from the Tom Clancy’s brand and beyond.
• Create static and animated user interfaces for video games on current- and next-gen game consoles, PC and mobile platforms
• Quickly conceptualize, prototype and communicate functionality and design intentions
• Create compelling visual treatments that are easy to understand, simple to navigate, and convey information for an ideal end-user experience
• Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels, keeping in mind the overall art treatment and screen-to-screen UI placement, and maintaining consistency throughout the entire project interface
• Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes to solidify design and plan
• Build logical UI flows, produce the final interface artwork integrated on target platform
• Adapt to varying art styles and direction; able to take critique constructively
• Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
• Develop designs with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
• Be self-directed and be able to prioritize your workload efficiently
• Diligently create quality work in a fast paced, team-based, highly iterative environment
• Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental (design, engineering,test) team members to solve UI challenges
• 2+ years creating UI art assets for video games, PC or console, with at least 2 shipped titles
• Relevant undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience
• Strong typography, color, iconography, and layout skills
• Must be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
• Proficient in 2D image applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash) required, knowledge of 3d applications preferred (3ds Max, After Effects)
• Successful background in innovative and intuitive user interface design
• Strong artistic, oral, and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of UI in games across multiple genres on all platforms
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with team members of different disciplines
• Willingness to respond and adapt to artistic criticism and multiple avenues of feedback
• Deep passion for games and quality user experiences
• Good positive attitude and outlook
• Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself
• Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on…
• Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
• 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
• Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows…
• Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away…
• Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play…
• Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay…
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
• Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
• Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
• Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
• Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
• Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Cary, NC, 27513, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Pref Degree||Associate Degree/Higher National Diploma|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Vicki Anderson|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||UI Ar|