Senior Multiplayer Designer
Red Storm Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio | Cary NC 27513 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/05/2013
Founded in 1996, North Carolina-based Red Storm Entertainment is Ubisoft’s US development studio. With the release of the legendary Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® in 1998, Red Storm pioneered the squad-based shooter genre by delivering groundbreaking gameplay, stunning realism, and the iconic power of “one shot, one kill”. It was the first true tactical FPS, a game that rewarded patience and planning as well as good aim and a keen eye. Its ground-breaking multiplayer action, included a revolutionary form of cooperative gameplay and set the standard for tactical multiplayer.
In 2000 the studio was purchased by UbiSoft. At the time of the sale, Red Storm was already hard at work on what would be the studio’s next genre-defining hit, a game that would take the tactical gameplay of Rainbow Six and turn it loose on the wide-open battlefields of the near future: Ghost Recon. Upon Ghost Recon's large success, Ghost Recon 2®, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® series, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier® were developed and released.
Red Storm remains a vital, creative force with Ubisoft. Today the studio’s talented team is developing exciting new content from the Tom Clancy’s brand and beyond.
Senior Multiplayer Designer
• Design multiplayer game modes, gameplay systems, scoring, progression, rewards etc. for AAA shooters
• Fulfill the creative vision through use of intrinsic and extrinsic means to satisfy and drive players enjoyment, sense of accomplishment and attachment
• Work with the single player team to ensure a consistent and fun experience across the different portions of the title.
• Collaborate with other designers, team and play test group to balance gameplay, weapons, abilities and upgrades
• Provide feedback, mentorship, and guidance to junior members of team design
• Design documentation, sprint user story creation and validation
• 4+ years experience as a game designer, with multiple shipped preferably AAA titles on current gen consoles and PC
• Demonstrated ability to design compelling multiplayer game modes
• Experience creating multiplayer progression and reward systems
• Proven ability to ideate, playtest, iterate and balance multiplayer shooter experience
• A strong understanding of online and multiplayer game experiences, platform and engine constraints, various tool/engine and scripting systems
• A willingness to collaborate closely with artists, engineers, designers and project management staff to bring out the best ideas and execute on objectives
• Strong knowledge of competitive multiplayer products, industry competition, current consumer trends and expectations
• Excellent communication skills
• A passion for multiplayer and online gaming
• Basic understand of Level Design philosophy and the best practices for implementing game features into Level Design.
• Proficiency with high level scripting languages (Lua, Python, Perl)
• Experience with Perforce and JIRA
• Experience working in a Scrum environment
• Experience working with one or more of the following: Xbox/Windows Live, Sony Playstation Network, Nintendo WiFi Connection, or Steam.
• Working knowledge of 3D Level Editor tools (Radiant, UDK, Hammer, etc.) and/or commercial 3D packages.
• Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself
• Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on…
• Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
• 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
• Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows…
• Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away…
• Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play…
• Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay…
About the area: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and RTP Area (Research Triangle):
• Topping the charts in Best Places to Live, Work, & Play. If there is a list of Best, we are confident our area is in the top 10.
• Highly rated public school systems. Plus, 3 major universities.
• Beach to the East, Mountains to the West and Green spaces in between. Plenty of parks, paths & trails are intertwined in the cities. We even have a trail behind our studio!
• Sports: Whether you like to play or are a spectator – we’ve got you covered! The Mecca of the ACC, home to the Stanley Cup Champions The Carolina Hurricanes, AAA Baseball team The Durham Bulls, AA The Mudcats and so much more!
• Culture: Art, History, Music we have it all. 2 Performing Art Centers, 3 Music Amphitheaters, Iron Chefs, Food Trucks & so much more.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Cary, NC, 27513, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|