DeNA Co., Ltd | San Francisco CA 94107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/06/2013
DeNA San Francisco is looking for a world-class Art Director for upcoming mobile games. DeNA is the world's leading mobile entertainment company, with top-grossing games on both Android and iOS. San Francisco is at the forefront of DeNA's global game development; we want someone here to help our games stand out in the marketplace.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about gaming and creating exciting, immersive and cohesive visual experiences. You are well rounded and comfortable working in 2D and 3D games, bring a robust toolkit of ideation, look development and excellent presentation skills. With strong UX sensibilities, you view mobile screens not as a challenge, but as an opportunity to surprise and excite our players wherever they go.
You are experienced and have worked at least 10 years in CG production in addition to having shipped at least 2-3 projects in the role of Art Director or Lead. You are willing and able to partner with our Engineering, Design and Development Directors to strike the elusive balance between time, money, and quality. As an Art Director at DeNA, you value the need for thorough pre-production as much as you enjoy generating assets during production. You have excellent communication skills as you will need to lead and direct artists that are remote and onsite and maintain quality and consistency across the entire product.
Successful candidates will have a reel/portfolio that demonstrates:
• Proven track record of leading a successful art department
• Ability to direct and manage outsourced production pipelines
• Ability to visualize a game from pre-production to final polish
• Ability to establish a robust and complete visual grammar/language
• Ability to work in variety of styles/genres
• Excellent color, layout, and lighting skills
• Understanding of classic character animation principles
• Excellent understanding of UX (visual design and interaction design)
• A history of developing imaginative and innovative solutions to complex problems in a timely basis
• World class production values
• Competency with 2D and 3D asset pipelines
• Competency with 3D mobile game engines such as Unity, Unreal or equivalent console game engine
• A unique visual style of your own
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation, Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Social / Online Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||JHall-Art Director|