Nyko Technologies | Los Angeles CA 90025 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/29/2013
Founded in 1996, Nyko is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Top videogame accessory manufacture is looking for an experienced, motivated and eager Marketing Manager looking to be involved in the release of the next-generation of videogame accessories. As a manager within the marketing team you will work directly with another Marketing Manager and report to the Director of Marketing. You will be tasked to help coordinate appearances at various trade shows and expos; produce web, print and graphical assets for use in various promotional materials; help manage and update the corporate website; strategize, budget and evaluate ad buys across print, social and online mediums; and to coordinate communications and open relationships with various press and media to secure coverage on web, print and TV outlets.
Applicants should have strong verbal and written skills. The ability work closely with others in the department and be an overall team player. Individual should be able to run and manage their projects independently, and meet deadlines. Applicant should be able to successfully handle multiple projects at once, and have the ability to wear multiple “hats” simultaneously. Some travel is required. Should be proficient in current productivity software including, Photoshop, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
• Press - The marketing manager must remain cognizant of all gaming media, including magazines, blogs and lower-tier sites. S/he should constantly be aware of when and where the company name appears in the media, and should be further prepared to accumulate all hits to send out internally. The Manager is also expected to communicate with journalists in the tech sector to acquire coverage and reviews for products across various media formats including, TV, Print, Online and more.
• Website - The marketing manager would help oversee the updating of the company website with press hits, new product info, assets for press/retailers, sweepstakes, newsletters and other marketing materials.
• Marketing Materials - The marketing associate will be involved in the creative and review process for the creation of all marketing materials which may include but are not limited to: print, online or social media ads, catalogs, promotional print materials, data sheets, etc. The marketing will also need to assist in the creation of PowerPoint and/or bound presentations
• Creative - The marketing manager is involved with the creative aspect of marketing, including the contribution of copy and design ideas. S/he should be prepared to proof-read copy, oversee print/online ad creation, manage vender projects as well as any other project involving outsourced resources.
• Shows & Conventions - The marketing manager should be prepared to help plan and exhibit at shows and conventions. Duties include making sure that sufficient product and supplies are all available and appropriately shipped, show services are booked, outside events planned and all creative materials are produced in time for the event. If the associate attends the show or convention, s/he must be prepared to set up booths or products suites, demonstrate products to the press, and attend any pertinent events. Ability to converse and chat with journalists, retailers, and other industry professionals.
• Social – Associate should be familiar with Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets and be prepared to create and post unique, fun and informative content for our fans/followers.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
2 – 4+ years of marketing experience
Experience as a marketing manager or in the video game, technology or toy sector a plus
Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and meet tight deadlines
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working
relationships inside and outside the company.
Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Deep understanding of gaming industry and culture
Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
Experience in Public Relations and Ad Sales a plus
Extensive Photoshop and Power Point experience a plus
Should have basic understanding of HTML and Web imaging
Previous experience utilizing CMS solutions a plus
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90025, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Chris Arbogast|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|