Senior Network Programmer
Adhesive Games | Pasadena CA 91105 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/04/2013
Adhesive Games is looking for an experienced Network Programmer to join our growing team here in Los Angeles, California to work on our F2P Mech Based FPS Hawken (see http://playhawken.com). This is an individual that would cover the networking area in the title, with a focus on online features.
This is a permanent position and would require working from our studio in the Pasadena, Los Angeles area.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Build new online features in the game client.
• Collaborate with the engineering team developing the backend server infrastructure.
• Integrate new versions of our online SDK middleware.
• Optimize bandwidth usage in gameplay code.
• Solve networking problems reported by the community.
• Find solutions to cheat exploits.
• Improve speed and reliability of online features.
• Work closely with game designers and UI programmers in designing the features.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• 5+ years’ experience in game industry.
• Expert knowledge of C++ and C#
• Shipped more than one multiplayer game to market.
• Familiar with Design Patterns.
• Understands UML to review and produce software designs.
• Strong in code design and architecture.
• Delivers bug-free and secure code with minimal iterations.
• Writes simple and easily maintainable code.
• Self-managed person able to succeed with minimal supervision.
• Exemplary communication skills.
• Open minded low-drama attitude.
• Creative mindset and forward thinking approach to solving problems, able to arrive at unconventional solutions as needed.
• Shipped at least one multiplatform online game (PC, Xbox 360 & PS3).
• Experience with Xbox Live or similar platforms with Matchmaking, Parties, Achievement systems
• Shipped a game with Unreal Engine 3.
• A passion for eSports with an understanding of how online features should innovate in the next generation.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Pasadena, CA, 91105, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Senior Network Programmer|