HIspanic Information and Telecommunications Network | Brooklyn NY 11205 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/03/2013
HITN is developing educational digital media content targeting schools and kids at home which will be distributed through its own cloud based infrastructure.
HITN was recently awarded a major five-year, competitive grant from the US Department of Education Ready To Learn (RTL) program. As the grant recipient, HITN is responsible for developing educational trans-media applications to develop English language skills, early literacy skills and early math skills for pre-school aged children, with a specific focus on addressing the learning needs of Latino youngsters. This is first time in the history of Ready To Learn, that a Hispanic organization is responsible for creating RTL content.
HITN is the largest educational broadband spectrum holder in the US. Together, these assets provide the basis for an unprecedented opportunity to help build a mission focused multi-media company.
HITN is seeking a talented and experience software Producer (APPS) to oversee the design and production of educational Apps, and similar platforms.
• Creating, editing and tracking changes in design documents for educational APPS.
• Work with internal and external developers in the production of educational APPS that include elements of 3D game design, user interface design and an analytics engine that tracks user progress.
• Keeps track of project budgets
• Works with the educational team on creating design visions for future educational APPS that reflect the educational objectives of the project.
• Track the creation and schedule of 2D and 3D Art assets and audio files for production of educational apps.
• Review iterations of educational apps throughout the production process in order to find problems, inconsistencies and to make sure the APPS reflect their design.
• Creativity to solve problems in the design and production of APPS to make high quality software that reflects the educational goals of the project.
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
• Development with an emphasis on educational games for young learners.
• Min 5+ years of software development experience in web, console development and/or iOS software.
• Ability to communicate written and verbally in Spanish and English a plus.
• Must have proven experience creating software using the latest technologies.
• Able to thrive in a team environment and work independently.
• Experience working in a multicultural organization preferred.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Brooklyn, NY, 11205, United States|
|Categories||Executive / Management|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 1,Playstation 2,Playstation 3,Xbox,Xbox 360,Gamecube,Wii,Arcade/Coin-Op,Interactive TV,Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|