Senior Systems/Technology Engineer
Double Helix Games | Irvine CA 92618 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/01/2013
Working in HEXengine, a cutting edge, proprietary set of tools, pipelines and runtime, we specialize in action games for the latest console generation and for PC. Fueling the creativity, design, and technical excellence that drives all our games, Double Helix is home to 75 developers in sunny Orange County, California.
We are underway on fantastic new games, with an awesome work environment, frequent studio events and activities, terrific benefits, and a spirit of independence and creativity in everything we do.
We are always looking for great artists, designers and engineers who can help us continue in our quest to be the top independent game studio in the world!
The Sr. Systems/Technology Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, documenting and maintaining core engine systems. Those systems will be shared between game teams and used across our pipeline.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design modular and structured systems that can be used across game teams and studios.
• Integrate systems and techniques across the entire pipeline, from creation to its use.
• Assess and debug problems with our current technology.
• Mentoring and support of other developers.
• Research and development of new techniques to take the best out of current and new hardware.
• Create and maintain technical software documentation.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Expert C++ skills (6+ years experience)
• Ability to write structured and well documented code. With attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of core game systems, hardware and development tools.
• Specialist knowledge in at least two areas of engine systems.
• Experience as a core technology engineer on at least one shipped game.
• Ability to work autonomously when implementing and profiling, while being an excellent communicator when designing and supporting a system.
• Physics simulation experience.
• Animation pipeline experience.
• Parallel processing.
• Data driven entity systems.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Irvine, CA, 92618, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|Contact Name||Melissa Porto|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|