Software Test Engineer
Darkwind Media | Lowell MA 01852 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/25/2013
We are an independent game development and technology contracting company. We have worked with major companies including Unity and NVIDIA on developing and supporting game technology for new and emerging platforms.
Darkwind Media has also published its own game on mobile and desktop called Kona's Crate. We have filled pivotal development roles on other titles including Skylanders: Cloud Patrol from Activision, and Bladeslinger from Luma Arcade.
A position for a Software Test Engineer is now open for a highly motivated and talented individual. You will interface with the Darkwind Media and Unity programmers as well as customers to ensure functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a tool and runtime platform. You will use your test professional skills to improve the testing process. In this position you will report to Darkwind Media’s CTO and work very closely with Unity’s QA Manager.
You will have the opportunity to work with various devices, including mobiles (iOS and Android, +) and various other embedded platforms such as TV’s, Set Top Boxes.
Goals and responsibilities:
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house
- Explore the scope of customer bug reports and provide more detailed advice to developers
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our test automation frameworks
- Work closely with developers to create test plans for new product features
- Organize and execute test plans, suites and test cases during execution periods
- Communicate with users on our community forum, providing assistance and advice
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- 3-5 years of experience in software development. Fresh graduates will not be considered.
- The ideal candidate has programming experience with scripting and OO languages
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Prior experience using Unity is advantageous
- Experience developing test cases and/or test plans is a must
- Preferably hold an ISTQB Foundation certification
- Familiarity with both Mac OS X and Windows platforms is preferred but not essential
- Passion for technology is a must
- Must be a critical thinker, have a keen eye for quality from an analytical perspective, be self-motivated, and be willing to represent the customer experience to stakeholders
- Must have a “make it happen” approach and be able to work in a fast moving “all hands to the pump” environment
About Darkwind Media:
Darkwind Media is a game development and software consulting company with offices in Rochester NY and Lowell, MA. We’re a small, tight knit group of talented and passionate developers with a relaxed but effective attitude. We have ported and customized industry-leading game engines to over 6 emerging platforms and also ported over 60 games to platforms such as LG TV, RIM Playbook, Roku and more. Visit our website at http://darkwindmedia.com.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Lowell, MA, 01852, United States|
|Annual Salary||65,000.00 - 90,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||QA / Tester|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Interactive TV,Linux / UNIX,Mac OS X,Windows,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Brian Johnstone|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|