Sr Game Designer
Bento Box Interactive | Marina del Rey CA 90291 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/15/2013
Bento Box Interactive, an entertainment based technology startup, is looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to join the Bento family. We are focused on building a digital platform to distribute literary-entertainment properties to consumers through social and mobile media. Proximity to Marina Del Rey is necessary, working in our office with our talented development team is required.
● Create game mechanics to improve future & current app titles.
● Wireframe game designs to visualize features and mechanics.
● Document game designs using traditional game design document formats and nontraditional technical specifications.
● Work closely with the Creative Director to ensure designs meet creative vision and scope.
● Pitch game ideas to the development team, to gain “buy-in.”
We thank all applicants for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
● Proven game design experience, 2+ years as a designer preferred.
● Strong hands-on experience with development team members (namely artists and engineers).
● Knowledgeable with soft and hard currencies, in-app purchases and casual games.
● Excellent grasp in documentation tools (Google Docs, Jira, Microsoft Word, etc.).
● Demonstrates an understanding with UX and UI layout.
● Familiar with mobile operating systems (e.g. iOS, Android, Blackberry 10).
● Designed and shipped at least 1 mobile/handheld game a plus.
● Experience with free-to-play (“Freemium”) games.
● Strong communication skills.
● Self-motivated, team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
● Enthusiastic to receive design feedback from the development team.
● Excited about the education/interactive/gaming space.
● Passion for games and apps for children.
If this describes you, please send your resume, cover letter & game design samples to email@example.com.
|Location||Marina del Rey, CA, 90291, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Sr Ga|