Big Fish Games | Oakland CA 94612 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/19/2013
Self Aware Games makes casual social games that you can play anywhere. Our established free-to-play, multi-player games include Big Fish Casino (formerly Card Ace: Casino) and Fleck. We make games that are on the cutting edge. From creating some of the first social features on the iPhone, to launching one of the first truly cross-platform multiplayer games, our goal is to make innovative games that people will enjoy with others. Our games are available on mobile phones, tablets, social networks, PC, and Mac. Self Aware Games is a division of Big Fish in Oakland, CA. For more information, please visit www.selfawaregames.com.
Day to day:
- Work closely with Design team to plan features and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work closely with Art & UX team to ensure game is polished
- Write code that integrates with systems that already exist on the server as well as on all clients
- Develop game features across our product line
- Work as a team member to ensure that implementation details translate through to shipping products
- Show product ownership through collaboration with product managers, designers, other front-end developers and back-end engineers to refine the user experience
- Show strong inter-personal and communication skills, including clear and concise writing
- Interface with the UI and developer communities to absorb the latest trends and emerging technologies
- Develop low fidelity functional design prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid iterative support for evaluative usability
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Strong programming fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of one of the following languages C++, Objective-C, Java, PHP
- 1-3 years game development or highly interactive web development experience
- BA/BS degree or higher, preferably in CS or a combination of education and applicable experience
|Location||Oakland, CA, 94612, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|