Gameloft - New Orleans | New Orleans LA 70130 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/07/2013
• 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance for every guru
• Casual atmosphere, sweet gaming break area, 10 holidays and 20 vacation days help you maintain and recharge your powers.
• Top quality colleagues inspire you to attain your maximum realization of self.
• 401(k) with a match and relocation bonuses are available. Because gurus think ahead.
Our mantra? Your talent, our legacy, unstoppable.
Mobile games dominator Gameloft is seeking a self-motivated Animator to join their existing teams creating iOS video games in the New Orleans production studio. The best candidate will work as part of imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation. Previous hit Gameloft games include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta I & II, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 5, Let’s Golf, Gangstar 1 &2, just a few of the 600+ games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
This position is based in the exciting city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity, and offers:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent cost of living and area growth
- Fun, passionate production studio with casual, friendly people
- International environment offering daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
If you're ready to take it to the next level in your career, don't miss this opportunity to be part of the next big thing in mobile games!
Our new Animator will develop, define and maintain high-end animations for our iOS game titles. This position will also contribute documentation on processes and task tracking throughout development cycle, coordinate with team members of other disciplines (for example communicating with gameplay engineers to implement character mechanics), proactively create solutions and solve problems, participate in peer reviews, giving and receiving team feedback, and generate/present ideas for artist development.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
* Minimum 4 years full-time professional animation experience in the video games industry
* Excellent eye for quality 3d animation
* Proficiency in 3DS Max or Maya
* Exceptional at 3d environment and character animation
* Strong understanding of the foundational principles of animation
* Strong understanding of rigging and technical animation
* Experience with keyframing
* Team player
* Professional experience working on iOS video games
* Published AAA title
* Familiarity with nextgen asset production pipeline
* Background in traditional animation
* Experience with motion capture
* Proficiency in MotionBuilder
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete a skills assessment.
|Location||New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Some College|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Juliette Dupré|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|