Twistory Studios | Santa Monica CA 90404 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/13/2013
Game Designer Job Description (Full-time)
About the Company
Founded in 2008, Twistory Studios creates compelling story and art driven entertainment brands on all media platforms including retail, games and traditional entertainment. Culturally bringing globally-renowned writers and artists together with one mission.
We are a team of individuals each crossing the bounds of artist, writer, designer, musician, technologist and other varied disciplines. We are looking for people with diverse skills and interests to work in this collaborative and creative culture, who have fun contributing, learning and innovating.
• Tune existing items in the game/economy and generate designs for future content.
• Work closely with other departments such as engineering, production, art, QA, the community manager, and audio.
• Draft documentation for new features and systems with sufficient detail that those who implement the design have a clear understanding of your vision.
• Review user test data/feedback from players and use this to guide future designs. Must be flexible and willing to listen to the community’s input.
• Design mini-games which fit in the game universe.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Must be a reliable self-starter.
• Able to work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
• Core understanding of reward systems, feedback loops, and what makes a game fun.
• 3+ years working as a game designer.
• Experience working in social and/or mobile games.
• Experience working with user interface on a previous application or game.
• Must be a hard-core gamer with a strong understanding of game mechanics and systems used in social games, particularly F2P.
• Comfortable working with a bug database such as Devtrack or Jira.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience a plus.
If you would like to be a part of our team, focused on having fun and exploring creative entertainment development, apply now to email@example.com
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Monica, CA, 90404, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Brian Morrison|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Game Designer|