Web Services Engineer
Wargaming.net | Chicago IL 60661 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/20/2013
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher and one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO market. Founded as a privately held company in 1998, Wargaming has shipped more than 15 titles and employs over 1300 people across such key regions as North America, Europe, Russia, Asia, and Australia.
Wargaming is looking for a Web Services Engineer. This individual will provide assistance and support to the Game Infrastructure Team as well as Game Team.
- Deployment, configuration and maintenance of multiple Web servers containing numerous game infrastructure services.
- Service availability and performance monitoring.
- Performance improvement.
- Fast and effective diagnostics and resolution of problems arising out of daily web services usage. Solving issues effectively with minimal possible downtime.
- Automation of processes and daily routines.
- Interaction with game team on various tasks that lie between game servers and Web.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Solid shell scripting experience (sh/bash). Knowledge and ability to use basic Linux command
- Experience with Apache/Nginx/MySql/MemCached
- SQL language – query creation and optimization.
- Knowledge of Python is preferable, however experience with other languages such as Perl/PHP/Ruby are acceptable
- BS in Computer Science or similiar degree.
- Django & Fabric
|Location||Chicago, IL, 60661, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|