Frictional Games | Helsingborg Skåne 252 26 SWE | Full Time | Posted: 10/01/2012
Frictional Games isn't really located in Helsingborg though, two of us live here and the company is registered here, other than that it is very much a virtual company. Currently we are 11 people working full-time, all from our own homes, with the Internet as our "office".
Frictional Games, the creators of Amnesia and Penumbra series, seeks a Level Designer for a new game project. Taking what we learned from our previous games we aim to take horror and interactive story-telling to the next level. We are looking for a talented individual to help us design and implement this vision.
* To take creative decisions on how puzzles, events, layout are to be designed.
* Through scripting implement gameplay in a level.
* To place sounds, tweak lighting and similar things to create atmosphere.
* Communicate with writers and artists on how to achieve the goals of a level.
* Provide feedback on design suggestions and implemented gameplay.
The job will be carried out on a distance so you need to be able to work from home. This means you must have a fast internet connection, strong work moral and live in a timezone near the Swedish one (which is GMT+1). If you are not living in Sweden, you must also be able to invoice (or at least be willing to set this up). The work environment at Frictional Games is quite open and you need to be able to schedule your own time and take initiative when required.
* Having designed and implement gameplay for a commercial game or a released mod/indie project.
* Progressive view on video games and a will to evolve the medium.
* Excellent understanding of game design for adventure games and immersive simulations.
* Good enough coding skills to implement your ideas.
* Experience in working with 3D level editing software.
* Good understanding of lighting and architecture in 3D scenes.
* In-depth knowledge on how to create an interactive narrative.
* Not be shy of learning new things and work in areas out of your comfort zone.
* Experience in writing fiction.
* Skills in 3D modeling.
* Experience in the horror-genre.
* Interest in science and science-fiction.
* Experience with Fmod and/or sound-editing.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Helsingborg, Skåne, Sweden|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Programmer / Engineer, Independent Games|
|Work Site||Off site|
|Platforms||Xbox 360,Linux / UNIX,Mac OS X,Windows|
|Contact Name||Thomas Grip|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|