Game Designer – Balancing
Wooga | Berlin Berlin 10405 DEU | Full Time | Posted: 03/06/2013
We run our company a little different than most other game developers. Some of our key beliefs:
- small teams doing great things
- one studio, one timezone
- be fast, be bold
- combine emotion and analytics
- be cutting-edge
About the job:
- Model a complex game economy as well as difficulty and scoring based on estimates and actual usage data.
- Use a strong quantitative background to balance the math in new feature design and manage virtual economies.
- Work with product managers, developers and artists to oversee the implementation of new features and systems.
- Manage pricing of virtual goods, coin economy and balance of incentivized and purchased coins in the game economy.
- Balance revenue opportunity and customer experience for coins and virtual goods.
Who we are looking for
- You are a very versatile professional: You have a performance-driven mindset, good logical and analytical capabilities and very good soft skills.
- You enjoy working with numbers, formulas, Excel and data analysis with the objective to maximize ARPU and revenue.
- Proven experience with the balancing of a successful game, preferably online/browser/social.
- Strong knowledge of game balancing, pacing and monetization strategies for free-to-play games.
- Previous experience as a game designer.
- Advanced English language skills.
- A good understanding of web technologies.
- The desire to create a fun, engaging and outstanding player experience.
Why join us
- Be able to bring your own ideas into projects.
- Realize projects that will be played by millions of people.
- Work at a fast growing company that operates in a very dynamic environment.
- Almost no hierarchies and quick decision making processes.
- Fast-paced, international and vibrant environment.
- Located in Berlin – Europe’s most exciting city with low cost of living and high quality of life.
Wooga is an equal opportunities employer. We invite international candidates to apply, as well as monsters and unicorns.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Platforms||Browser Based Games|
|Contact Name||Recruiting Monsters|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|