Level III Systems Administrator/Senior IT Administrator
Aechelon Technology, Inc. | San Francisco CA 94103 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/07/2013
Primary responsibilities include:
* Maintaining Aechelon Technology's global IT infrastructure.
* Securing, deploying, maintaining, and monitoring our core IP network.
* Manage & implement Aechelon's Windows Domain and file shares.
* Manage Windows and Linux server deployments.
* SAN architecture, maintenance, and implementation.
* Server, workstation, and storage back-ups.
* Review vendor and security alerts and maintain relevant patches and fixes on vulnerable systems.
Technical Qualifications: (Desired)
* Able to learn new technologies and applications.
* Strong understanding of architectural concepts and design.
* Experience in small to large scale deployments, unit testing, and performance tuning.
* Extensive knowledge of Windows Domains, DNS, and Active Directory.
* Strong knowledge of Linux Operating System and system administration best practices.
* Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows interoperability.
* Ability to create and maintain shell scripts. (Bash, Perl, DOS, PowerShell, VB Scripting)
* Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Routing, DMZs, NATs, Subnetting, Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
* Excellent knowledge of Ethernet, Fiber, T1, and DS3 circuits.
* Experience with enterprise-scale backup software. (e.g. Netbackup)
* Experience with large-scale PC deployment and imaging tools.
* Experience deploying and managing Network Security Appliances.
* Expertise securing Windows systems and networks.
* Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation and update existing IT documentation as needed.
* Willing to perform desktop support function as needed.
* Attention to detail and highly motivated.
* Good planning and organization skills.
* Ability to work within deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Can successfully work independently with minimal guidance.
* Works well in a fast paced environment.
* Able to determine priorities and appropriate level of escalation.
* Strong support/troubleshooting skills, analytical thought process.
* Demonstrated ability in managing vendors and vendor relationships.
* Flexible work hours/days.
* Available on-call to assist with IT Support issues after hours and weekends.
We seek people who share the company's values, extraordinary commitment to technology, and the pursuit of excellence. We will give you an opportunity to work with some of the most talented people and make a real contribution in the simulation and training industry.
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive salary, performance-based profit sharing and 401(k) contributions, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to the address above to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
* Minimum of 8 years IT or full time System/Network administration experience.
* 5 years+ experience supporting a Windows 2003/2008 environment.
* 5 years+ experience supporting a Windows XP/Windows 7.
* 5 years+ experience working in Linux and mixed Windows/Linux environments.
* 4 years+ experience switch and router configuration and troubleshooting.
* US citizenship or permanent residency due to export control restrictions.
* Reside within 20 miles of San Francisco.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent discipline
* MCSA / MCITP certification, including Active Directory
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Linux / UNIX,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|