Activision | Santa Monica CA 90405 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/26/2013
The company’s product portfolio includes Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty®, and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™ franchises and such established licensed properties asSpider-Man™, X-Men™, James Bond™, and Transformers™, as well as Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
Title: Executive Producer
We are currently looking for an Executive Producer to join our team who has a passion and proven track record for developing and launching owned IP titles. As Executive Producer, you will oversee development of a slate of related products from a business and publishing perspective. By partnering with internal and external studios, deliver great games that are on quality, schedule, budget and positioned to sell and achieve financial and quality goals on time.
You will manage a team of production personnel across multiple projects, act as the project relationship manager with all parties (from Activision executive leadership to the developers), and use your experience on the front lines to improve production and organization processes and mentor key talent.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Provide management and leadership to production team while tracking game development across a slate of products
- Help build and maintain the project P&L, looking to optimize throughout development and providing analysis to senior leadership
· Lead the creation of each project's schedule, budget, production pathways, and overall plan; continue to provide leadership through the full product life-cycle
- Act as primary point of contact with Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain, Developers, Licensors, and Third-Parties
· Partner with Marketing to define long-term plans for the product lines, brands, and lines of business
· Lead/Partner with Developers to ensure specific features are tied to overall title positioning and goals
· Provide strategic direction regarding brand, lines of business, licensing, technology, and integration of worldwide marketing product management
· Take a long-term view towards developing products with an eye toward sequels, localizations, product line extensions, ports, and new platform capabilities
· Ensure the franchise maintains creative and technical objectives
· Be an internal and external advocate for the product
· Manage, coach and develop staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base
· Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables; continually recognize and reward employees for strong performance
· Create a culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment
· Establish model behavior that supports Activision's standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
· Provide creative direction and leadership to help drive the franchise
Principal Working Relationships:
COO, WW Studios; SVP of Central Studios; VP, External Relations; PMG team; Quality Assurance/Customer Support; Sales and Marketing; International offices for product release coordination; Head of Studios; Studio Planning.
The skills and experience we're looking for:
- Bachelors preferred
- 8+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- 4+ years of experience at Senior Producer level or above
- High business/financial acumen
- Business owner/operator orientation
- Experience managing multiple titles shipping in the same time period
- Experience managing internal teams and development studios within the video game industry
- Shipped 5+ high-quality titles
- Exceptional presentation skills to press, large groups, and senior level audience
You'll really get noticed if you have:
- An MBA
- Experience with hardware / peripherals
- Business development background and/or experience
- Leadership role negotiating heavy licensing deals
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Monica, CA, 90405, United States|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|