Senior Level Designer
Infinity Ward / Activision | Woodland Hills CA 91367 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/31/2013
Since its inception, the studio has consistently produced blockbuster hits and critically-acclaimed titles including Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and most recently Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
We are fiercely dedicated to creating the best games on the market, and strive not only to exceed the standard in game development, but define it.
For more information on the studio, visit: www.infinityward.com.
Do you want to be a Single-Player Designer on some of the best selling and most critically acclaimed shooters of all time?
· You are a master of creating beautiful, well composed environments with a critical eye towards first-person shooter gameplay.
· You are extremely passionate about driving your vision throughout the stages of development: concept, block out, detail and initial lighting pass.
· You are extremely proficient with 3D modeling in proprietary tools (Radiant, UDK, Hammer, etc.) and/or commercial 3D packages.
· Be creative and communicate your ideas. The majority of our content begins from a pitching process. Things like story, missions, game mechanics, locations, events all start as a pitch. As a designer you're expected to get up in front of the studio and sell your ideas.
· Serious passion for games. Whether you enjoy FPS, RPG, MMO, RTS, card games or board games you should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
· Collect, filter and apply feedback. As a designer you're going to receive constant input from around the studio. How this feedback is interpreted and applied is completely on you.
· Collaborate with and motivate your peers to create innovative and inspiring gameplay.
· Comfortable directing input on game elements such as story, sound, music, motion capture, and dialogue. As a designer, you are the director.
· Know our games: know why they're good, why they're bad and how you will make them better.
· Know what you want; if you're passionate about joining Infinity Ward, prove it to us.
Whether you're fresh out of school or a ten year vet, we need to see demonstrable examples that will blow our minds. We are very selective, but it's worth it if you make the cut.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Woodland Hills, CA, 91367, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|