Senior Multiplayer Engineer
Infinity Ward / Activision | Woodland Hills CA 91367 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/31/2013
Since its inception, the studio has consistently produced blockbuster hits and critically-acclaimed titles including Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and most recently Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
We are fiercely dedicated to creating the best games on the market, and strive not only to exceed the standard in game development, but define it.
For more information on the studio, visit: www.infinityward.com.
Infinity Ward is looking for a Senior Multiplayer Engineer. This is an ideal opportunity to have a true impact on a multi-million unit selling AAA franchise and will encompass all elements of multiplayer online games including matchmaking, statistics, anti-cheat, infrastructure design, live operations management, and optimizations. This position will play a key role in the addition of multiplayer functionality to titles for next generation game systems.
• 2 to 4 years in a Senior Programmer position on a high profile title or titles for the current generation of consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3).
• Must have shipped at least 1 console title, AAA a plus.
• Strong understanding of online games, including low-level networking, back-end, and internet connection issues and solutions.
• Experience dealing with bandwidth and latency issues.
• Understanding of the implementation requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models.
• Strong C/C++ software engineering skills. Python a plus.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience working with one or more of the following: Xbox/Windows Live, Sony Playstation Network, Nintendo WiFi Connection, or Steam.
• Experience implementing networked gameplay, AI, or physics.
• Data mining experience.
• Exceptional 3D Math skills.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Woodland Hills, CA, 91367, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Relocation Cost Paid||None|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|