Game Integration Engineer
Activision | Santa Monica CA 90405 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/24/2013
The company’s product portfolio includes Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty®, and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™ franchises and such established licensed properties asSpider-Man™, X-Men™, James Bond™, and Transformers™, as well as Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
Delivering unprecedented social, mobile and gaming online services with the record breaking Call of Duty® franchise through Call of Duty ELITE, Beachhead Studio is seeking industry-leading talent to join its studio in Santa Monica. Call of Duty ELITE promises to transform the future of gaming communities worldwide.
Call of Duty ELITE is at the forefront of interactive entertainment, offering a web service for worldwide fans playing Call of Duty each day. Players can access Call of Duty ELITE via console, web and mobile to see thousands of gameplay stats, review matches, connect with friends, compete in year-round contests and events, and improve play with tutorials and gameplay insights. For additional information, visit http://www.beachheadstudio.com and http://www.callofduty.com/elite.
We're looking for a Game Integration Engineer who loves to explore cutting edge technologies and take on technical challenges involving scaling and performance optimization. The Game Integration Engineer will work with back end web developers to define appropriate client interfaces for online services, build client libraries for those services and work with Activision internal game development studios to incorporate online functionality. A background shipping games on multiple platforms is required. This person will collaborate with the game studios to learn and contribute to new code bases quickly and efficiently.
· Define client interfaces for online services and build client libraries.
· Collaborate with game teams to incorporate online functionality.
· Handle performance and memory optimization.
· Modify and maintain a proprietary scripting system.
· Assist with and/or direct the porting of miscellaneous platform-specific code as necessary.
· Report into the Technical Director.
Overall, we look for candidates who are smart programmers, have a strong track record of overcoming technical challenges and are hard workers. If this describes you and you also have some of the skills listed below, apply today!
- Fluent in C++, Python and PHP
- Ability to write optimized assembly where necessary.
- Must be able to come up to speed quickly on new code.
- Ability to break down and thoroughly design code features.
- Contribute ideas for features and improvements.
- Regularly communicate progress.
- Report problems as soon as they become apparent.
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- 2+ years of game/web engineering experience.
- Experience working on multi-platform games (XBOX 360/PS3/PC).
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple projects.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Passion for the web and games.
- Experience with web services (REST/XML-RPC/Thrift) .
- Comfortable with Linux/UNIX, bash, Apache.
- Technical architecture.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Monica, CA, 90405, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Contact Name||Not Specified|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|