The World of Warcraft team is looking for an animation centric FX artist. Think well beyond smoke and fire and more along the lines of chain lightning, seeds of corruption or incinerate! There is no telling what you will be tasked with, so an FX artist should be a swift decision maker and have a skull full of great ideas.
Do you have a solid background in the foundations of art such as animation, structure, composition, and color? How about a portfolio crammed full of magical over the top FX? If so, the World of Warcraft FX team wants to meet you.
- Experience developing particle systems and geometry based visual effects
- A background in animation with a keen eye for punchy timing
- Strong photoshop skills for creating effect textures for use with particles
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude
- A passion for video games
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required
Required Application Materials
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
- Strong working knowledge of 3ds Max, or equivalent 3D programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the Warcraft universe
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.