From fountain statues to tavern bottles to dungeon lanterns to massive siege weapons, the life of a prop artist is not for the static-minded. They fill the world of Azeroth with all the daily details that bring the game to life. They are the game designer’s best friend. There’s no telling what task will be needed next, so a Prop Artist should be a swift and efficient modeler with strong painting skills an imagination in constant motion.
Do you have a solid background in the foundations of art such as structure, composition and color? How about a portfolio crammed full of concepts, models and texture maps? If so, the World of Warcraft prop team wants to meet you.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development modeling, texturing, and animating objects using 3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- An exceptional understanding of what’s needed to set dress an environment
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
- Experience designing and creating animated FX
- Knowledge and understanding of the Warcraft universe
Submission / Portfolio Requirements
- Cover letter
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.