Wicked Loot is looking for a talented and enthusiastic game programmer. If you love working with a small and cross-disciplined team that puts gamers above investors or publishers then we'd love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate is a good communicator, is able to balance requirements against implementation, and enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them. Must have a passion for video games.
The initial game you’ll be working on, Spark Rising, was recently successfully crowdfunded, and we secured additional funding from investors. The game is planned for release on PC and Mac, with long term potential to create for console. Ongoing, you’ll have a say in what game we want to develop next!
- Gameplay and logic coding
- Experience with multiplayer networking technology
- Unity 3D game engine experience preferred
- Proven experience in designing and developing reliable and robust systems
- Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
- Experience with 2D user interface development and GUI programming
- Agile development exposure
- BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
- Must be a local candidate in the bay area
Wicked Loot is an indie game studio formed from award winning gaming industry veterans who cut their teeth at Sega, Konami, Bethesda Softworks and Yahoo just to name a few. Our office is located in Mountain View, CA.
WHY WORK AT WICKED LOOT?
- We believe in inspired design, and we find ways to inject that into our game development process.
- The company has flown team members to Hawaii to work.
- We actively engage with our fans each day, doing such fun events like a 48 hour live stream that attracted over half a million viewers.
- We believe in giving back to the community, which include donating all of our revenue for a week to provide aid to the Philippines.
- You get to work from home half the time.
- Health and benefits package.
- All employees get profit sharing for their contributions.