Web Server Engineer – Core Tech
Design and implement software updates to mitigate security risk and exposure in complex web-based consumer applications. Ensure that web online systems are secure, robust and up-to-date.
• Work with internal and external web development teams to build and secure diverse web applications.
• Maintain up-to-date patch levels throughout the entire web environment and application stacks, including OS, server applications, web applications, client-side code and all software layers.
• Perform code audits of client and server web systems and bring them to current industry standards.
• Facilitate the implementation and validation of security mitigation measures, both through developers and by making direct, hands-on changes to applications and systems.
• Design and implement standardized methods to help implement complex front and back-end web layers.
• Coordinate development strategies and efforts with internal and external teams.
• Promote and evangelize best practices across development teams and projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 4+ years building web-based applications at a professional level.
• Hands-on experience building and maintaining applications in large-scale consumer web and online systems.
• Knowledge of emerging security exploits, flaws and their counter-measures.
• Working knowledge of security mechanisms, including SSL, TLS, IPSec, PKI, RSA/AES, OAuth2.
• Familiar with network and application layer protocols, such as UDP, TCP, ICMP, HTTP, HTTPS.
• Skilled PHP developer with knowledge of both version 5 and 4, MVC and object-oriented development.
• Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, JSON and cross-browser development and debugging.
• Experience with databases, specifically MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB and other NoSQL systems.
• Proficient Linux and Windows systems administrator.
• Good communication skills within and across disciplines.
• Required to be able to work flexible hours, working weekends or off-hours.
• Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
• The ability to handle high pressure situations.
• 3+ years game or entertainment industry experience.
• Familiar with how to facilitate the protection of consumer PII across an enterprise.
• Experience with large-scale backend game systems.