San Rafael, California
Linux / UNIX, PC / Windows
High School or equivalent
Web Operations Engineer
Fast-growing digital publisher of licensed interactive episodic content on all gaming platforms is looking for a bright, resourceful Web Operations Engineer to help us deliver our web sites and applications with high availability and maximum performance.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth Linux System Administration experience and good working knowledge of Open Source Technologies such as Puppet, Chef, SQL & NoSQL Databases, Caching Solutions, Web Servers, etc. The WebOps Engineer will support and work with our developers by providing a cutting edge platform for our software, and a reliable service that our users can come to depend upon.
You’ll be helping to manage a large server farm and associated network appliances, engineering for fault tolerance, maximum scalability and performance and minimum environmental impact, while also dealing with around a dozen web applications running on the platform.
- Operational management of Linux servers running LAMP and associated technologies
- Building developer VMs and configuring new server platforms
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems, identifying and isolating problematic software to assist the development team and systems administrators with fault resolution.
- Monitoring and optimizing server and application performance
- Supporting the development team with deployment and production configuration for their applications
- Instance configuration and deployment (Vagrant, cfengine, Puppet, Chef)
- Monitoring and notification
- VPN and Remote access
- User management and security
- All of the above on AWS
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing linux and Windows servers for high availability
- Solid understanding of internet and security fundamentals
- Strong systems knowledge – storage subsystems, performance tuning
- Good working knowledge of DB systems (especially MySQL and Couchbase or Bigcouch) – deployment, monitoring and optimization
- Proxy strategies for website acceleration
- Package management using RPM
- Shell scripting to an advanced level
- Technical problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Good networking knowledge – multilayer load balancing, BGP, network traffic analysis, firewalls, routers, switches
- Data protection compliant backup strategy
- System performance tuning and capacity planning
- Build and deployment systems (esp. buildbot & jenkins)
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested