Fast-growing digital publisher of licensed interactive episodic content on all gaming platforms is looking for a bright, resourceful Web Operations Engineer to help us deliver our web sites and applications with high availability and maximum performance.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth Linux System Administration experience and good working knowledge of Open Source Technologies such as Puppet, Chef, SQL & NoSQL Databases, Caching Solutions, Web Servers, etc. The WebOps Engineer will support and work with our developers by providing a cutting edge platform for our software, and a reliable service that our users can come to depend upon.
You’ll be helping to manage a large server farm and associated network appliances, engineering for fault tolerance, maximum scalability and performance and minimum environmental impact, while also dealing with around a dozen web applications running on the platform.
- Operational management of Linux servers running LAMP and associated technologies
- Building developer VMs and configuring new server platforms
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems, identifying and isolating problematic software to assist the development team and systems administrators with fault resolution.
- Monitoring and optimizing server and application performance
- Supporting the development team with deployment and production configuration for their applications
- Instance configuration and deployment (Vagrant, cfengine, Puppet, Chef)
- Monitoring and notification
- VPN and Remote access
- User management and security
- All of the above on AWS
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing linux and Windows servers for high availability
- Solid understanding of internet and security fundamentals
- Strong systems knowledge – storage subsystems, performance tuning
- Good working knowledge of DB systems (especially MySQL and Couchbase or Bigcouch) – deployment, monitoring and optimization
- Proxy strategies for website acceleration
- Package management using RPM
- Shell scripting to an advanced level
- Technical problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Good networking knowledge – multilayer load balancing, BGP, network traffic analysis, firewalls, routers, switches
- Data protection compliant backup strategy
- System performance tuning and capacity planning
- Build and deployment systems (esp. buildbot & jenkins)
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.