Job Title: Web Developer II
Reports to: CTO
Exemption Status: Exempt
Location: Madison, WI
Compensation: $40,000 - $55,000
Nature and Scope
Filament Games is seeking an experienced web developer to help us launch a product line of learning games. Filament believes in making educational web experiences that shine. This means we are looking for someone who:
- Considers themselves a CSS ninja
- Is used to building from wireframes and a style guide
- Enjoys taking the time to polish layouts and interactions
Authority, Responsibility & Relationships
- Choose appropriate tools and frameworks
- Customizing the CMS information architecture and installing/configuring plugins
- Revising implementations based on user and stakeholder feedback
- Staying current on the latest tools and methodologies
- Reports to: CTO
- Direct Reports: None
- Coordinates activity with: Web designers, producers, and stakeholders
Measures of Success
- Implementations are maintainable and extensible with no obvious visual defects
- Implementations match the fidelity and intent of the original design
- Works collaboratively with other members of the web team
- 3 years of recent professional web development experience
- One implemented design for a public/commercial web site
- Expert in HTML and CSS
- Proficient in jQuery
- Proficient in Wordpress, Drupal, or Expression Engine
- Proficient in responsive design
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Problem solver
- Detail oriented
- Experience with SASS, LESS, or similar CSS processing language
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with SQL
- Experience developing Drupal modules
About Filament Games
Filament Games is a game production studio that exclusively creates learning games. Our core competency is combining best practices in commercial game development with key concepts from the learning sciences. Accordingly, our senior staff is comprised of individuals who are equal parts game and instructional designers. Our “dual literacy” and high standards have earned numerous awards over the past several years.
Benefits: Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
- Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we’re working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
- We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a health balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs, sketch nights, Show-n-Tells, ropes course outings, and the occasional Nerf battle.
- Our stylish, fun and relaxed office is conveniently located on the near-east side of Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, vibrant tech industry and beautiful state capitol. The near-east side is a vibrant, mixed-use neighborhood near Lake Monona that offers affordable housing, eclectic restaurants, music venues and retail stores- all within walking distance of our office. Even better, we’re only two miles from the heart of downtown and the university.
- Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision care, a Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, subsidized metro travel, discounted gym membership, discounted parking, supplemental coverage through Aflac, generous paid time off and extended holidays.
To Apply: To apply, please visit our website at http://www.filamentgames.com/jobs and click “READ MORE” next to the position in which you are interested. After reading through the entire job description, click the “APPLY NOW” button at the bottom of the job posting. Include your cover letter, addressed to Connor Hayes, and resume. In your cover letter, please include the contact information for three professional references.
Please note: Specific information or materials are requested for some job postings. Be sure to include the requested information, or your application will not be reviewed.
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.