VP of Operations
We are looking for a VP of Operations who will be responsible for leading our operations teams which include the hosting platform team, the hosting services team, security, IT and the facilities groups. The VP of Operations will work closely with Turbine’s internal teams and the technical teams inside WB to drive success across the organization.
We are looking for candidates that have excellent people and project management skills as well as hands-on technical knowledge. This role requires very strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative working style with an ability to manage diverse clients, stakeholders, customers and colleagues.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, and our DC Comics MOBA: Infinite Crisis.
- Manage the technical infrastructure and operations for our games including hosted and cloud environments
- Manage the IT technical infrastructure and operations and technical support for our organization
- Manage a team of senior technical leaders
- Be Turbine’s key point of contact to WB regarding all technical operations, IT discussion and projects
- Ensure continuous, high-quality delivery of technical services through oversight of SLAs with end users and monitoring of systems performance.
- Focus infrastructure initiatives to improve the customer experience, resiliency, reliability, while reducing operational costs.
- Build plans and execute effectively to continually enhance and optimize the infrastructure and related services.
- Foster a strong sense of teamwork between operations and other teams within the organization
- Assist partner teams convert strategic directions into implementation plans, including change management and end-to-end service delivery
- Degree in computer science or IT-related field, and at least 10 years of work experience in Information Technology
- Senior level management in an online direct-to-consumer business
- Experience successfully managing a team of at least 15 people
- Proven experience implementing multi-million dollar, mission-critical projects
- Demonstrated track record of great execution
- Good technical knowledge of a wide range of technologies, platforms, architecture, methodologies; well-versed in current and emerging technologies
- Significant experience optimizing an IT function, establishing performance metrics, and assessing the performance/value of IT
- Proven record of product and service delivery
- Solid understanding of Process Frameworks (CMMI, PMBOK, ITIL, etc.)\
- Strong motivational and results-oriented leadership in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency managing vendors (both internal partners and external vendors)
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes