Foster City, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
VFX Artist, Temporary - Sledgehammer Games
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
The VFX team at Sledgehammer Games is looking for experienced and passionate VFX artists to join our AAA team. In this position, the artists will work closely with the Lead VFX Artist, Art Director, Technical Art Director, Lighting and Design team to create the most exceptional real-time effects with hyper realism for our current project. The candidates will have the opportunity to contribute in various areas of in-game effects including but not excluding weaponry effects, vehicle destruction, large-scaled rigid body simulations and environmental effects such as fire, smoke, water, and weather system.
The ideal candidates should demonstrate a high level of artistic sense and strong technical skills. They should drive hard and challenge themselves with the goal of being masters of the craft.
• Working closely with Level Designers and Team Leads to create in-game VFX for stunning environments and exciting game moments.
• Creation of real time particle systems via proprietary software.
• Texture creation using available graphic applications.
• Population of effects in game using a propriety scripting language.
• Solving technical issues that arise with new tools or game performance.
• At least 2 to 3 years of next-gen visual effects development on console hardware (360, PS3).
• Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current generation hardware (360, PS3).
• Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers.
• Possesses a good art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting).
• Strong texture creation skills.
• Experience in using and modifying real-time materials.
• Experience with Maya's fluid and rigid body dynamics.
• Experience with After Effects.
• Strong understanding of real-time physics systems.
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game particle systems.
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sledgehammer-games/careers .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested