CCP North America is looking for a talented individual to be a part of the creative team working on the groundbreaking MMO title, World of Darkness. This particular opening requires that the candidate be motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and has the ability to work well with a cross-disciplinary group.
The ideal candidate has a strong experience in creating real-time effects in game engines. Working closely with the Art Director the Vfx artist will participate in creating new effects as well as revise existing content for both existing and future content.
- Creation of complex and particles effects using CCP’s proprietary authoring tools.
- Interacting closely with programmers and technical art support to enhance and maintain the effect system.
- Contributing to the concept and design of effects.
- Growing and mentoring a team of VFX artists to create industry standard setting quality of effects
- 5+ years of professional experience as an effect artist.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior or lead role
- Must have one or more shipped titles for a major next-gen gaming platform.
- In-depth understanding of current computer graphics capabilities and limitations.
- Experience in Maya and at least one visual effects creation package in a production environment
- Experience with programming or scripting language is a plus.
- Experience with motion picture quality rendered effects is a plus.
SPECIAL NOTE: ** A portfolio reel submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Representation of in game shipping effects is a must. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating. **