Area 52 Games, Issaquah is looking for a UX/UI Designer that will work with product owners, engineers and designers to help create and produce excellent gameplay experiences. An ideal candidate will have shipped at least one commercial game and have two distinct skill sets: UI (User Interface) Design — including a strong graphic design sensibilities — and UX (User Experience) Design, including user flows, interactions, and prototyping.
- Work collaboratively with cross discipline teams to explore and define the flow, layout, functionality, and the look of the game interface
- Take on complex problems and provide creative solutions that respectfully balance both business and player needs
- Produce sketches, flow charts, mind maps, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and other designs as you iterate towards the best solutions to game UX/UI challenges
- Provide effective UX design documentation and visual/interactive specifications for engineering implementation
- Create designer and developer friendly files that follow best practices for file setup and asset optimization
- Work independently and effectively, and ensure all milestones are met on time
- College degree in Art, Animation, Design, HCI or related field preferred
- 2 years of UI/UX Design experience for games
- Personal portfolio site showing a variety of UI/UX designs including insights into your design process
- Fluency in Photoshop and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Unity experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal motivation for excellence and high level of professionalism
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Area 52 Games offers competitive salaries, health benefits, unlimited PTO, and the opportunity to work with great people! Please visit our website at: www.area52games.com