Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled and creative user interface (UI) designer to join the user interface team working on the future of StarCraft II and our next big hit Heroes of the Storm. This individual will help to define and execute the interactive vision of the user interface.
- Designing, prototyping, and implementing game and UI experiences that meet Blizzard’s demanding standards for quality.
- Visualize the content and functionality of in-game and out-of-game user interfaces.
- Create and maintain wireframes and user flows and coordinate with other team members to incorporate feedback and develop consensus.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, programmers, and sound engineers to ensure innovative, attractive, and functional user experiences are delivered.
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement.
- Proven background in innovative and intuitive design with strong conceptual art skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of layout
- Deep understanding of UI usability principles
- Previous experience designing UI for games
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Experience working with a team of user interface designers
- Passion for playing and making video games
- Proficiency using Microsoft Visio, or an equivalent wireframing application
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, and / or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience designing applications for a global and multi-lingual user base
- Excellent grasp of typography and color theory