Reporting to the respective Program Director and under the direct supervision of the Course Director and/or Associate Program Director; facilitate student learning in achievement of course and program learning outcomes. Instructors teach, inspire, motivate, guide, support and help the students in their course. Constantly improve their instructional and professional skills. Update materials in support of Ex’pression courses. Set high expectations for quality of work and raise the bar every time the course runs. Ensure that each student completes coursework that fulfills the goal of the class and is done with quality and attention to detail.
Essential duties and accountabilities
- Provide competency-based education that aligns with the Ex’pression model of curricula and delivery.
- Establish a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating in academic advising, curriculum committees, supporting campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and collegiate meetings.
- Manage the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing college policies and procedures.
- Develop instructional plans to meet course competencies and develop course activities that support lesson objectives.
- Effectively plan and prepare for classes and student success.
- Maintains instructor eligibility according to applicable federal, state, and accrediting regulations.
- Attend Instructional Training
- Continued study in their field
- Maintain Personnel file
- Abide by all college policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required by the respective Program Director (i.e, attend department meetings).
Competences & Qualifications
- Expert knowledge of subject matter taught in specific courses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to foster a cooperative atmosphere in a diverse community.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and critical thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to work independently/without constant supervision and to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of common office software (eg: Microsoft Office Suite) with the ability to complete administrative functions (reports, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
For all courses except General Education
- Four years of experience in a related field.
- A Bachelors degree in a program related discipline
For General Education courses
- Four years of experience in education or a related field.
- A Masters degree (Phd. or Doctorate degree preferred), and 15 credit units in course taught