Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a user interface (UI) artist to work on their newest title Hearthstone. The focus for this position will be on the creation of layouts and art for mobile platforms. Responsibilities include working with the design team to develop a functional design and creation of production art. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of visual design, composition and overall user experience.
- Exceptional understanding of visual design principles including player flow, form, shape, composition, design, and how they relate to game development and user interface specifically
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details, and the ability to use them in creating functional, appealing interfaces and supporting textures
- Strong understanding of the challenges presented by mobile platforms and the ability to adapt methods and styles accordingly
- Strong understanding of Blizzard’s visual style and the vision to take it in new and challenging directions
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work within a team
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery, and the ability to visualize the user experience in a physical and interactive way
- Experience with 3D tools or peripherals such as Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Previous game production experience
- Experience with the Unity game engine
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.